7. Financial change
Financial changes refer to updates to information needed to process payments between business entities.
Changes to the financial information associated to a party or location do not require the allocation of a new GLN.
Example business scenarios that would not require a new GLN
- The tax registration number of a legal entity changes.
- VAT (value added tax) registration number of the legal entity us updated.
- Financial account information associated with the marketing department is added to an account.
While many situations involving contact changes will not impact the guiding principles, certain scenarios may.
Learn more the guiding principles to help determine if your unique scenario may require a change.
- Local, national or regional regulations may require more frequent GLN changes. Such regulations have precedence over the rules provided within the GS1 GLN Allocation Rules Standard.
- When a single GLN is used to identify a combination of parties and/or locations (i.e., legal entity, function, physical location, digital location), the GLN Management Rules applicable to all parties and locations identified SHALL apply.
- Please contact your local GS1 Member Organisation for additional information on local requirements.